A. Source of Income
- Subsidy from the American Forensic Association: The amount of the subsidy requested will be determined by the Board Of Trustees meeting at the National Individual Events Tournament. The request for the subsidy will be made by the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees.
- Subscription Fees: The amount of the subscription fee for the following year will be established by the Board of Trustees meeting at the N.I.E.T. Subscription fees are to be collected not later than December 31, by each District Chairperson. A portion of the fees must be designated to be retained by the Districts, with a check for the remaining fees, together with the names of the schools, directors, and mailing addresses being forwarded to the Chairperson of the AFA-N.I.E.T. committee. By January 10, all fees collected by the National Chairperson of the AFA-N.I.E.T. Committee shall be forwarded, along with a list of subscribers, to the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees. No subscription fees will be accepted after December 31, unless approval is given by both the AFA-N.I.E.T. Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Registration Fees: The amount of the registration fee for the following N.I.E.T. shall be established by the Board of Trustees meeting at the annual convention of the National Communication Association. Registration Fees shall be collected by the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees or a person designated by the Treasurer. Receipts are to be issued by the Board of Trustees.
- Grants and Subsidies:
- Procedure: The Board of Trustees shall be the sole agency-designated by the American Forensic Association to negotiate with sponsoring individuals, groups, organizations, or institutions. All. negotiations must be conducted by or at the direction of the Board. All agreements with sponsors are to be approved by the Board of Trustees. The AFA-N.I.E.T. Committee is authorized by the board to negotiate with educational institutions interested in hosting the N.I.E.T. Before the final approval is given by the N.I.E.T. Committee, the Board of Trustees must be furnished the Following documents.
- The official acceptance of an invitation to host the N.I.E.T. shall be written by the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees.
(1) A letter of invitation from the principal officer of the institution.
(2) A statement of any goods and/or services to be provided by the institution
(3) A statement of any charges to be made for use and care of any facilities.