V. AFA-NIET Board of Trustees
- The Board shall consist of five members of the AFA appointed by the President of the AFA with the approval of the National Individual Events Tournament Committee.
- Each member shall be appointed for a term of five years except that of the five members appointed in the Board of Trustees in 1979, one member shall be appointed for a term expiring in 1980, one member for a term expiring in 1981, one member for a term expiring in 1982, one member for a term expiring in 1983, and one member for a term expiring in 1984. In the event of death or resignation of a member of the Board, the President of the AFA shall appoint a person to fill the unexpired term.
- The Chairperson of the Board shall be elected annually by and from the membership of the Board of Trustees. Any member of the AFA shall be eligible to serve on the Board.
- The Board of Trustees shall be responsible for all financial affairs of the AFA National Individual Events Tournament. It shall draft the budget for each AFA-N.I.E.T., established any assessments for the districts and the participating schools, and sign any agreements with sponsoring institutions, with the approval of the AFA-N.I.E.T. committee. It shall have the sole authority in negotiating with the agent(s) financing the AFA-N.I.E.T.
- The Board of Trustees shall be responsible for establishing whatever legal framework is required for it to execute its duties.