III. AFA-NIET Eligibility
- Any accredited (or pursuing accreditation) two or Four-year college/university shall be eligible to send participants to the N.I.E.T.
- To gain eligibility, participating institutions must be in good standing with the financial requirements as established by the N.I.E.T. Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Eligibility requirements for participants shall be determined by the AFA-N.I.E.T. Committee and set forth yearly in the Tournament announcement and information, with the stipulation that no student should be allowed to compete who has participated in judged intercollegiate competition in 3 or more tournaments (as defined in the alternate qualifying procedures as established by the N.I.E.T. Committee) in eight or more six-month periods (July I - December 31 or January 1 - June 30).
- Participants in the AFA-N.I.E.T. must be full-time or part-time undergraduate students. An undergraduate is defined as a person not possessing a baccalaureate degree.
- It a participant qualifies for the AFA-N.I.E.T. while eligible under Sections C and D and graduates during the academic year, such participant will be able to compete in the AFA-N.I.E.T. for that academic year.
- Students earning qualifying legs with the at-large qualification method must be full or part-time undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of six semester hours or the equivalent per term.